Subject of insurance:
Casco Standard is a product offered for all types of vehicles, agricultural and construction machinery with a permanent Bulgarian registration. The product features a variety of clauses combining different risks in order to provide the optimal protection for each motor vehicle. The product can be extended with additional covers in order to find the solutions matching your needs and preferences.
- Fire, explosion, lightning strike;
- Storm, hurricane, hail, flood, landslide or subsidence, falling objects, trees and branches as a result of natural perils;
- Weight from natural snow accumulation, representing the concentration of a large mass per unit area as a result of heavy snowfall;
- Falling of ice blocks or snow masses – breaking off or sliding of large snow loads or ice blocks due to sudden weather changes;
- Road traffic accident;
- Damage to the insured motor vehicle (MV) while parked, by another vehicle;
- Damage to the insured MV caused by falling objects, aircraft, trees or branches;
- Malicious acts of third parties including: scratching, punctures, spilling paint or any other chemical on the vehicle, breaking of locking devices, antennas, windows, internal equipment (including insured additionally installed stationary equipment), rear-view mirrors, logos and strips originally installed by the manufacturer; cutting or tearing of tyres;
- Motor vehicle theft or burglary;
- Theft or burglary of additionally installed stationary equipment in the compartment of the motor vehicle, against payment of additional insurance premium;
- Unlawful taking of a motor vehicle with the purpose to use it ;
- Malicious arson or explosion.
According to the General Conditions of the Casco Standard insurance.
Territory of validity:
The Republic of Bulgaria and abroad: EU member states, as well as non-EU states which are members of the international Green Card Agreement, as follows: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Principality of Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Swiss Confederation, the Republic of North Macedonia, the Kingdom of Norway, the Republic of Serbia, Montenegro, and the Republic of Türkiye.
One, two, three, four, five or six years.
- The insurance premium is determined based on the commercial tariff in combination with discounts which provide real possibilities for reduction of the insurance premium.
- We are available to meet your needs and requirements at any office of Bulstrad or online.
- Advance bonus for no-claims history prior to the insurance commencement. The advance bonus is subject to return only when a claim is filed for payment of insurance indemnity during the insurance period. Its combination with other discounts is limited.
- A deductible is applied to each claim in accordance with the commercial tariff.
- The insurance premium can be paid as a lump sum or deferred into up to 4 instalments during one calendar year, in cash or via bank transfer.
- For vehicles not older than 4 years from the year of manufacture, the indemnity may be provided as repairs of the vehicle at an official service center, for the account of Bulstrad Vienna Insurance Group.
- Insurance indemnity for vehicles older than 4 years may be provided as repairs of the vehicle at a trusted repair shop for the account of Bulstrad Vienna Insurance Group.
- According to an expert calculation based on the methodology of Bulstrad Vienna Insurance Group.
- Bonus Casco clause covering all risks, such as damage due to rodents, animals, birds, firearms, etc., other than exclusions expressly specified in the insurance.
- Mechanical breakdown: For light-duty vehicles not older than 7 years, in case of a breakdown of the engine, gearbox or drive axle.
- Accident of the passengers: a sudden unexpected event that occurs during travel in the insured MV (other than a motorcycle or motor bike), including while getting on or off of it, during the period of the insurance, as a result of a traffic accident which has led directly to the death or permanent disability of persons travelling in the insured MV.
- Road Assistance on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria:
For passenger cars and trucks with total mass up to 3.5 t and wheelbase up to 3.30 m, registered in the Republic of Bulgaria, insured under clauses “Bonus Casco”, “Full Casco”, “Fire, natural perils and traffic accident” or “Fire, natural perils, traffic accident and malicious acts,” without underinsurance upon conclusion of the contract, and supplied with a “ROAD ASSISTANCE” card and a valid insurance cover.
The INSURER provides to the INSURED the right to use road assistance (auto assistance) on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, on a 24/7 basis, in case of an immobilized MV, from an assistance company specified in advance.
The INSURED can use 24/7 road assistance for an immobilized MV on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria from a specified assistance company, in accordance with the following covers:
a) MAIN COVER, without additional insurance premium charge, in case of an immobilized MV as a result of an insurance event, on a 24/7 basis, with an unlimited number of calls to the closest auto repair shop (Е series card for light-duty vehicles with total mass up to 3.5 t, and Т series card for trucks with total mass over 3.5 t).
b) ADDITIONAL COVERS “Assist 24/7“ and “Assist 24/7+” against an extra premium, in case of an immobilized MV as a result of technical failure or the operation of the vehicle. This cover is offered for light-duty vehicles with total mass up to 3.5 t.
Assist 24/7: in case of an immobilized MV as a result of technical failure or the operation of the vehicle, the insured may use one free transportation for each insurance event, technical breakdown or event related to the operation of the MV, for up to 100 km, with unlimited number of calls (А series card).
Assist 24/7+ in case of an immobilized MV as a result of technical failure or the operation of the vehicle, the insured may use one free transportation for each insurance event, technical failure or event related to the operation of the MV, without limits on the distance or number of events (H series card). Assist 24/7+ will cover, up to a certain amount, a night’s hotel accommodation, medical expenses, transportation of passengers and luggage and parking fee. More information is available here.
c) Road assistance abroad, provided outside the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, for the EU member states and the following countries: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Principality of Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Swiss Confederation, the Republic of North Macedonia, the Kingdom of Norway, the Republic of Serbia, Montenegro, and the Republic of Türkiye. This cover is provided for light-duty vehicles and trucks with total mass up to 3.5 t, with Casco Standard insurance under clauses “Bonus Casco,” “Full Casco,” “Fire, natural perils and traffic accident” or “Fire, natural perils, traffic accident and malicious acts”.
The Assistance company is responsible for provision of technical, medical and legal assistance to the insured vehicles and/or insured persons travelling in them in case of an assistance event, subject to the clauses of the insurance.