BULSTRAD TRAVEL PACKAGE
Bulstrad Travel Package insurance takes care of the necessary expenses and information needed in order to obtain prompt and specialized medical assistance during your travel abroad.
BULSTRAD TRAVEL PACKAGE
Insurance for Bulgarian and foreign citizens travelling abroad, for emergency and medical costs incurred by them in relation to PERSONAL ACCIDENT or SUDDEN SICKNESS
The insurance is designed for the needs of:
- Persons going to work abroad
- Students abroad – for children and students up to 26 years of age
The insurance policy may be concluded for a period for one day to one year, with different options of Multi-trip Packages designed for multiple trips abroad over a one-year period.
- for Europe, or
- for the entire world.
In order to obtain assistance, the insured person needs to call the company GLOBAL SERVICES BULGARIA JSC at the following number: +359 2 8197 197. The service is provided in Bulgarian and English.
- MEDICAL EXPENSES WHILE TRAVELLING ABROAD
- Medical, surgical, pharmacy and hospital expenses
- Expenses for hospital treatment of up to 15 days
- Expenses incurred for medical transportation and repatriation
- Repatriation of mortal remains: the Insurer’s liability is up to the amount of insurance limit chosen by the customer. For insurance events on the territory of the USA and Canada, the insured person will need to cover as his/her expense EUR 100 of the total amount of incurred medical expenses
- Emergency dental care: expenses of up to EUR 350
You may add the following additional covers:
- legal assistance – expenses of up to EUR 900 - in case the Insured becomes subject to civil liability proceedings (against him/her), in accordance with the civil law in force in the country of travelling/stay, due to damage caused by him/her to a third party or due to an unintentional violation, in situations concerning his/her private life as an ordinary citizen.
- general third-party liability - the Insurer shall cover sums that the insured person becomes obliged to pay under a court decision or settlement for damages caused to third parties related to the insured persons’s civil liability.
- CANCELLATION, INTERRUPTION OR EXTENSION OF THE VOYAGE - the Insurer shall reimburse the documented expenses incurred in relation to a cancellation, interruption or extension of a voyage, or to a delay and or cancellation of a regular flight, as well as in case of missing a regular connecting flight, when these expenses are not subject to reimbursement on other grounds.
- delay, damage, loss or theft of luggage and documents
- accident abroad
- permanent disablement
- death resulting from an accident.
- Family – the Insurer covers the following:
- Visit and stay of a person (spouse, relative or close person) specified by the insured person – in case the insured person is hospitalized for more than 7 (seven) consecutive days due to an accident or acute sickness while being abroad
- Expenses for the stay and transportation of children accompanying the Insured while travelling abroad – in the event of hospitalization or death of the insured person as a result of an accident or sudden sickness
- Expenses for the stay and transportation of a person accompanying the Insured while travelling abroad – in case of hospitalization of the Insured as a result of an accident or sudden sickness, the Assistance Company will arrange and cover the costs of accommodation, food and return trip of one person to accompany the insured person
- search and rescue expenses - the Insurer shall cover and reimburse expenses for the search and rescue of the insured person in mountain areas or water bodies, including costs incurred by specialized rescue services
- additional assistance services – if this clause is selected with the insurance, the Insurer provides cover when the following are needed:
- Delivery of medical products and medications, which cannot be procured locally;
- Loan money - the Assistance Company will lend or ensure the payment of sums on behalf of the insured person to cover emergency expenses due to a loss or theft of which the relevant authorities are notified;
- Delivery of emergency information - in the event of an unexpected event beyond the control of the insured person which requires a cancellation of travels or a change of the insured person’s destination, the Assistance Company shall arrange, at the request of the insured person, the delivery of the necessary information to a specific person or institution.
- Assistance for necessary extension of the Insured’s travel – in the event that the insured person's health does not require hospitalization, but the originally scheduled travel period has expired and the Assistance Company is unable to organize transport for reasons beyond its control, then the Assistance Company will arrange and cover the expenses for accommodation and food of the insured person
- Resumption of the Insured’s voyage - the Assistance Company will arrange and cover the costs for transportation of the insured person, together with the accompany insured members of his/her family, from the place of hospitalization to the next point of the interrupted trip
- Emergency extension of the insurance period - at the request of the insured person to the Assistance Company, the insurance period may be extended without payment of an additional premium, but for not more than 48 (forty-eight) hour, when this is needed due to natural disasters and/or an event beyond the control of the insured person.
- The Sum Insured is chosen by the customer: EUR 5,000, EUR 10,000, EUR 15,000, EUR 20,000, EUR 30,000, EUR 50,000, EUR 75,000 or EUR 100,000.
Insurance indemnity for all types of cover is paid as follows:
In case of occurrence of a personal accident, sudden sickness or another event covered under the conditions of the insurance contract, the insured person should call the Assistance company at the telephone number specified in the policy: +359 2 8197 197, and it shall direct him or her to a medical establishment and assume the expenses made, also providing other assistance covered under the insurance contract. The insured person does not pay for the performed health examinations, etc.. If the insured person pays any amounts in relation to the occurrence, they will be reimbursed by the Insurer upon presentation of the relevant document.
Insurance indemnity can be paid up to the amount of the sum insured/limit specified in the policy.